join the sustainable movement
We are living through an environmental emergency. Plastic pollution is set to weigh 1.3 billion tonnes — an area over half the size of Mumbai — by 2040. Every single minute, a large rubbish truck’s worth of waste ends up in our oceans, suffocating and drowning hundreds of species of marine life.
If you are a user of sanitary pads or tampons, switching to Asan’s reusable menstrual cup is one of the best things you can do to minimise your plastic waste. Here are five reasons why:
1. Period products are choking landfills.
2. Period habits are killing oceans and polluting waterways.
3. Supply-chains for single-use products emit excess CO2.
4. We’re risking the lives of waste-pickers.
5. By using Asan, you’re transforming two lives at once.
At Asan, our commitment to sustainability goes beyond our product. Our packaging is made from 95% recyclable material and our cloth pouch is made from 100% natural cotton rather than synthetic fabric. All our suppliers and vendors sign up to our official sustainability pledge.
We are constantly trying to do better to improve our supply chains, minimise wasteful practices and lower carbon emissions. If you have any questions or suggestions, please do get in touch. We’d love to hear from you.